How accurate are home pregnancy tests
There are two types on how to detect pregnancy, one is by urine and another is through a blood test. How will they confirm if you are pregnant? It is very simple, through the presence of the pregnancy hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin. The placenta secretes this hormone only after fertilization of the ovum by the sperm happens. This fertilized zygote will now travel from the ovaries passing through the fallopian tubes and into the wall of the uterus to implant itself and will grow throughout the upcoming weeks. This phenomenon is now called “implantation”, and now the start of gestation.
The one accountable where the zygote will get its nutrition is from the placenta and the syncytiotrophoblast (a specific part of the placenta) produces the Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin hormone. In a non-pregnant woman, this certain hormone is not usually in her body or at least not in a massive amount not unlike during gestation where it is easily found in her urine or blood serum levels. What’s more is that, for the duration of the first trimester, hormonal levels of HCG increases twofold every 2 days that’s why a mother can constantly re-assess herself for pregnancy if ever she doubts the outcome.
Do you want a step by step guide that will help you get pregnant, even if you thought you were infertile? There’s been a lot of great things said about this guide. Click here and start your family today
How accurate are home pregnancy tests: Direction
Issues Influencing Pregnancy Tests’ Precision
There are many factors that should be taken into consideration to achieve an accurate pregnancy test outcome.
- A pregnancy test will give precise results if it is sensitive enough to detect HCG concentrations.
- Following the instructions properly is also a factor. A suspected mother-to-be cannot afford to miss the most important instructions that might considerably change her life. If she overlooked a certain reminder or an instruction, there are chances that it might give off erroneous results. Anyway, instructions in the pregnancy kit are simple to tag along and user friendly. Likewise, a woman should know how to interpret her self-assessment correctly.
- If she is using a urine test, it is advised to collect the first voided, midstream urine as the specimen because this contains high concentrations of HCG hormones. Drinking large amount of water will dilute the hormone and it may have a false negative outcome. Consequently, it will give off mistaken results. Remember that high concentrations of urine also contain high concentrations of hormone levels, that’s why it is important that the urine will be held, contained in the bladder for more than four hours to have high chances of accomplishing the right results.
- If a woman is planning to have a serum blood pregnancy test, the results will be altered if she is taking fertility medicines and / or other medicinal treatments. Few non-gestating women might have tissues that produce HCG hormones that may bring effect as false positive result, even supposing she’s not with a child. On the other hand, this is only suspected as a turn out because this hormone secreted in non gestating ladies is in traces and for this reason, cannot be spotted.
- That instant time wherein a woman comes to a decision to obtain the pregnancy test has further insinuations on the outcome of the examination. Assessing herself just before a woman missed her scheduled menstruation has high odds to come up with altered results. Pregnancy tests are more sensitive if taken after a missed menstrual cycle.
Are you serious about starting your own family? Are you unable to conceive a child? I know how you feel, that’s why I set up this site. Remember, if you want a step by step guide that will teach you how to start a family – even if you’re infertile, then click here. Click here and start your family today